Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting this error "Something went wrong while attempting to validate your credentials"

SANJOY SAHA May 25, 2018

Hi Everyone,

While installing Sourcetree software I am getting this "Something went wrong while attempting to validate your credentials" error. While registering the software , in the 3rd step (Atlassian Account screen) when I am clicking on "Use an existing account" button and entering my Atlassian account credentials it is throwing that error. Please let me know how i can fix the issue. Please let me know if you need more details.

Screenshot1.PNGScreenshot2.PNG

4 answers

6 votes
Brian Cline June 11, 2018

Successfully resolved this issue on Windows Server 2012 R2.

1. Added *.atlassian.com to Trusted sites (Internet Properties > Security > Trusted sites > Sites)
  2. Edited the security settings (Custom Level) for Trusted sites to:
  • Enable Access data sources across domains (under Miscellaneous)
  • Enable Allow META REFRESH (under Miscellaneous)
  • Enable Active scripting (under Scripting)

I hope this helps someone else!

JodashKyle July 10, 2018

Thank You Brian, worked for me!

Manon Forey August 22, 2018

Hi Brian,

Thanks for helping on this topic.

I was using SourceTree without any issue so far on a local Windows user account, but since I've been transfered to my company's domain account I cannot log in via the SourceTree installer, and get the same error as pointed by Sanjoy above.

I can however log on my.atlassian.com without any issue, both via Chrome and IE.

I have added the Atlassian website to my trusted sites:

TrustedSites.PNG

and changed the security settings mentioned above:

AccessDataSources.PNGEnableMetaRefresh.PNGActiveScripting.PNG

I am using SourceTree 2.6.10.0, on a Windows 10 machine.

Are there any particular network settings that could prevent the log in from happening via the installer?

Kind regards.

1 vote
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2018

Hi Sanjoy! Have you tried to log in to my.atlassian.com using your browser? Can you access?

If you're on Windows, make sure Internet Explorer is updated to the latest version, as Sourcetree relies on it for the authentication part. You can also try the following:

• Turn off compatibility mode in IE. To do that, open Internet Explorer, go to the Advanced options tab and click on Reset your Internet Explorer Settings
  • Check Delete personal settings
  • Change your Internet Explorer Security Zone Settings:
  1. Open IE, click on the gear
  2. Select "Internet Options"
  3. Select the "Security" tab
  4. Select "Custom Level" for Internet
  5. Find "Access data sources across domains" and select "Enable" (make note of what the setting currently is)
  6. Try logging into Sourcetree again

After logging in, follow steps 1-5, but reset the setting back to the previous option.

If after that you're still having issues, can you please confirm the Os and Sourcetree versions you're using?

Best regards!

Ana

Atul Redij August 24, 2018

Hi Ana,

im Facing same issue while installing Source Tree. I Have followed Above Steps still it doesn't Resolve the Problem.

i'm Using 2.6.10 Version of Source Tree and OS Version is Windows 10. please help me in this.

vratislavsula October 16, 2018

Hi Ana, your suggestions doesn't help to solve the problem version 2.6.10, Windows Server 2016 Standard running as Hyper-V locally in company domain. Works just fine on local machine.

0 votes
Joel James April 6, 2020

I was able to get around this by changing my default browser to firefox, started the installer again, and when I logged in via Firefox, it was able to authenticate as it has it's own internet options.  Then changed back my default browser to chrome.

0 votes
Renan Meira Ferreira September 26, 2018

Hi,

I'm facing same issue while installing sourcetree. I Have followed above steps still it doesn't resolve the problem.

I'm Using 2.6.10 Version of Source Tree and OS Version is Windows 11. please help me in this. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events