Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filed authentication

Sheela Omkarappa
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 22, 2021

Hi Team,

I am using sourcetree 3.4.2 for cloning our codebase from github. I am unable to fetch latest code from git repo. below is the screenshot for ref. I treid using both basic /auth option but still getting same error.

sourcetree.PNG

2 answers

0 votes
Scott Jackson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 22, 2021

FWIW...we solved our issue.

However, our issue was specific to cloning a BitBucket repo - not a GitHub repo. So, our resolution likely will not apply to the OP's situation.

(If anyone cares...the issue is that BitBucket Cloud allows users to create usernames with an "_" in them. But, the path/URL - formatted like https://username@bitbucket.org/projectname/reponame.git" - will fail out if the username has said "_" in it. Atlassian really should prevent users from creating usernames with characters that cannot validate through the Sourcetree URL.)

0 votes
Scott Jackson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 22, 2021

We are seeing the exact same error message for one of our users. Any help would be great.

The user has admin rights in BitBucket cloud. The user can login and see the repo just fine using the web browser.

But, SourceTree will not connect. We've done basic/auth, we've done an app password, we've tried re-cloning the repo, we've tried deleting the local repo and re-pulling everything.

Nothing is working. Would love to see an answer here, Atlassian. Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events