[Feature Request] Improve the graph layout

The graph in MacHG is much prettier than sourcetree's.

It is curvy - lines are easier to follow.

Colors are higher contrast - lines are easier to follow.

Commit nodes are the same color as the line, except for merges - makes it easier to pick out commits that are interesting in the tree.

The tree is not always 'compact' - branches change direction (column) much less frequently, so they are easier to follow.

1 answer

I completely disagree, sorry. SourceTree v1.0 had curvy lines very much like MacHG and I had loads of requests to change it to look more like GitX. I resisted for a while but once I changed it, it was much easier to follow. When you have large numbers of branches switching lanes a lot, the curves get very muddled compared to the angled lines.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

800 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you