Launch, get a small window with a progress bar "downloading", Then it comes up. Also:
* It's installed in user/<my user name>/AppData/Local. That's a crazy place for it to be, right?
* It stopped checking for updates. Even though that option remained checked it never did. I had to manually download and install.
* Today it got into a crazy state where git from the command line and sourcetree disagreed about the status of my repo.
*In order to start fresh I uninstalled, then deleted AppData/Atlassian and AppData/Sourcetree. Then I re-installed, but it still remembered all my old git passwords. I had wanted to get rid of them.
Hi Bruce, my recommendation would be that you check the credential manager from Windows and then do a clean install following the steps:
The path user/<my user name>/AppData/Local is the expected path, Sourcetree will be installed there.
Regarding the automatic updates, can you confirm if they're still not happening after the steps above?
Can you send a screenshot of the status shown in Sourcetree and in the command line?
Well, I did all that, and I'm still seeing strange things:
1) Even though I "wiped my settings" the authorization dialog still knows the name of my github account. I don't know how it could know that, unless somehow my atlassian account knows that?
2) Ever time I launch sourcetree I still get the progress bars for "downloading" then "extracting". Is that normal?
It's post back when it actually does something wrong (showing wrong git status, or refuses to autoupdate.
At that point maybe I'll go back to 1.9. "the good old days".
A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows. The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event