Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Error : Something went wrong while attempting to validate your credentials. Edited

I got this error while Installing Source Tree 2.6.10. i am using Windows 10 OS. I able to Login Atlasian Account through Browser but when I Enter same Credentials while Installing Source Tree it shows 'Something went wrong while attempting to validate your credentials' Error

I have done these things

1. Edited the security settings (Custom Level) for Trusted sites to:
  2. Added https//www.atlassian.com to Trusted sites (Internet Properties > Security > Trusted sites > Sites)
    • Enable Access data sources across domains (under Miscellaneous)
    • Enable Allow META REFRESH (under Miscellaneous)
    • Enable Active scripting (under Scripting)    

still this Doesn't Resolve the Problem

Please help me to Resolve this Issue

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal Atlassian Team Aug 28, 2018

Hi Atul, thanks for reaching out :) 

When exactly are you getting this error? Is it when you try to register Sourcetree with your Atlassian account?

Keep in mind that Sourcetree relies on Internet Explorer for the authentication steps, so please make sure IE is updated to the latest version. If you're still having issues, double check that you're typing your password correctly and let us know!

Kind regards,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,999 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you