Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distribute license to my team

Manigandan Neelakandan August 21, 2017

I am raising this question based the link https://confluence.atlassian.com/sourcetreekb/sourcetree-license-for-corporate-usage-388404078.html

Currently I am using Version 2.1.10.0

I can't able to find the licence file in the specified path as in the link.

May I know what is the way to generate a licence file just by using a nominated general email address and to distribute to my team?

Also can you confirm that Sourcetree is Free for use in corporate too.

1 answer

1 vote
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 21, 2017

Hi Manigandan, as you can see at the top of the article you linked, that information is no longer relevant:

PAGE NO LONGER VALID WITH THE RELEASE OF SOURCETREE FOR MAC OSX 2.2 AND SOURCETREE FOR WINDOWS 1.8 

SourceTree no longer uses license keys. Last year, we removed the notion licensing and now the users need to register the product with their Atlassian account. We are tracking direct feedback on this request at SRCTREE-3593. Feel free to add your feedback if this is something you'd be interested in.

I can also confirm that SourceTree is free for every kind of user, including corporate organizations :)

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Cheers!

Ana

Manigandan Neelakandan August 23, 2017

Thanks Ana.

Now if I use Source Tree 1.6 (Due to offline option) will it create any issues or is support is available for 1.6 as for the latest versions.

Regards,

Manigandan

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 23, 2017

Officially, only the latest SourceTree version is supported meaning that we are not issuing bug patches for previous versions, instead we create new maintenance releases.

In our latest Security Advisory, we urge our users to update their applications immediately to fix the vulnerabilities mentioned in our article.

If you decide to stay in an older version, keep in mind that you're at your own risk, but if you have any usage questions you'll still be able to post them here and get help from the Community. 

Hope that helps!

Ana

Manigandan Neelakandan August 23, 2017

Thanks Ana for your detailed explanation.

Is there any probability for offline source tree in upcoming versions?????

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
August 24, 2017

I have no news regarding an offline version of SourceTree coming in the near future. My recommendation is that you watch the ticketSRCTREE-3593 to receive further notifications, as any updates will be published there. You can also leave there your comments or questions. Lastly, remember to add your vote to make that feature more popular :)

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events