Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diff view showing the wrong files

arvz March 20, 2018

This has been happening for a while and normally I just close and restart Sourcetree which solves the problem temporarily. 

Sourcetree is very often showing me the wrong files in the diff view (in the File Status tab). I would click on a file in the Unstaged files panel, expecting to see what changes have been made to that file, instead, it will very often show me the wrong file at the top. If I scroll all the way down, the right file will show up there - but most of the time it just says No changes in this file have been detected or it is a binary file. 

If I restart Sourcetree this problem disappears momentarily, at least for a while. Then it comes back, and it comes back quite quickly. 

Another problem I've been having which might be related - when I try to Discard changes to a file in the unstaged panel, the window that comes up to confirm the files you want to discard will show me that I want to discard changes in a lot more files than I selected. Again, this is fixed by restarting Sourcetree, at least for a while. 

This has been happening across multiple computers, across multiple projects. 

Any advice appreciated 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2018

Hi

Can I ask are you using the tree view for file listing? If so can you try using the single or muclti-column views?

Thanks

arvz March 20, 2018

@minnsey Yes I am using Tree View. When it happens again I'll try switching to single and multi column and see if anything changes - but I find Tree View to be the best for me 

arvz March 23, 2018

@minnsey I just tested it - switched to single column view, everything works in that view. Switching back to tree view after changing to single column view 'fixes' it also (like restarting Sourcetree), at least temporarily. 

Is this a known bug or something? 

minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 23, 2018

There is a known issue about TreeView selection 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events