Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dark theme looks horrible - customization available?

Peter Boné July 24, 2017

Dear Atlassian,

Altough i very much welcome the Dark Theme feature (so excited actually!), i'm sorry to say that it looks absolutely horrible.

Is there any chance you could have a designer with some knowledge of color theory run through the design? :) Or give us the ability to customize it ourself. If so, please also disable the transparency in the sidebar. If interested i'm sure a lot of the members from the community (including me) would pitch in with tons a suggestions for improvements on the color scheme, which right now is quite a big mess and horrible to look at.

Thanks in advance! :)

2 answers

0 votes
Adam Hošek November 8, 2017

(on macOS) with default settings it looks ok-ish, but when you turn on the accessibility option "Reduce transparency" in System Preferences, it is, paradoxically, absolutely terrible! So I stay with the default light theme, because I really don't like the transparency of macOS.

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 24, 2017

Hi Peter! If there's anything you'd like to improve within SourceTree, please feel free to raise your suggestion at jira.atlassian.com by clicking on Create. That way it will get visibility from the developers and other users will be able to vote for it and add their comments. 

Thanks for your support :)

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events