Hi, I've been dealing with this for several days now on my desktop and can't get source tree to work at all. I put in my account information (I'm using Microsofts azure) and it goes through ok, but when I try to clone it pops up the Credential Helper Selector. I select "wincred" like I've seen on many threads and it just pops up again until about 10 tries and just crashed.
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, deleting the password in Windows Credential Manager, deleting the password file in the source tree user app folder: (https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-questions/How-to-update-HTTP-S-credentials-in-sourcetree/qaq-p/297564).
And I've restarted sourcetree in between each step.
Also, somewhere along the path my credential helper broke and now shows two wincred options... I don't know how to fix this problem and am stuck. It's working on my windows laptop but it's broken here.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
I fixed it.
I'm not exactly sure what happened but whatever git tools were installed with source tree were broken. I tried:
but I kept getting issues. I couldn't find whatever git metadata SourceTree left behind that was broken, so here's how I fixed it:
I did get source tree crashing after because I had an empty repo, but after adding the default 'readme' file it is now cloning from my remote Azure account properly.
What a painful experience getting there though...
Hello Sourcetree users!!! With the recent removal of Bitbucket Cloud account passwords for app passwords (please see our Bitbucket Cloud community post for details on why we made this change for se...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events