I'm having to apply a stash from one git clone to another git clone (of the same project -- don't ask why).
What I'm doing is looking at the stash of changes I have on clone #1, copy/paste into the right sections of the code on clone #2.
When I hit copy (CTRL+C), everything is fine. I switch to Visual Studio, go to the right spot in the code and hit paste (CTRL+V) and nothing happens in Visual Studio. SourceTree becomes unresponsive and gets the classic Windows 7 chrome frame, becomes white and after a while, it renders again. Nothing has happened in Visual Studio.
Once this sequence has happened, I can paste the text that I had copied into Visual Studio.
Any ideas why SourceTree would become frozen when I try to paste?
Hi Arvind! Can you let us know which SourceTree version and OS are you using so we can try to reproduce this issue?
There's a similar issue reported in our issue tracker, but that seems to be only related to the diff view. You can find it at SRCTREEWIN-7397.
Windows 7 64-bit (I know... corporate laptop... brr....), SourceTree version 18.104.22.168
The stash I was going through is pretty big (I had to change the default values in the Diff tab of options in order to see all the changes... but it was still freezing up with the default values.
The bug seems similar. This is my info for the bug:
1) Clone repo into local folder A
2) Make a lot of changes to code in folder A (I had changed ~ 30 - 35 files, multiple changes per file).
3) Stash changes to code in folder A
4) Clone the same repo into local folder B
1) Find file in stash for folder A
2) In Visual Studio, open same file in folder B
3) Select line (or range of lines) in Source Tree stash window
5) In Visual Studio, place the caret on the line where you want the changes to be pasted
6) CTRL+V (observe that SourceTree looses the borderless look and gets the Windows 7 chrome border, title then gets the (Not Responding) tag added to it, windows then becomes white and finally it starts processing messagepump messages and draws again. This process takes up to a minute or so). Nothing gets pasted.
7) CTRL+V (again) - the text now pastes as expected.
Hi Arvind, thanks for the information! I've added it to the bug report, hopefully it'll help our developers. For the future, note that you can add your own comments (or even submit) bugs and feature requests. You can also watch the ticket to be notified of further updates.
Have a good day :)
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs