Change graph style from SourceTree to mimic the Bitbucket one

Screen Shot 2016-11-21 at 11.14.50.png                                         Screen Shot 2016-11-21 at 11.15.23.png

Is there any way to display the git graph in SourceTree as it's displayed in Bitbucket? The first image is from Bitbucket and it's what i would expect (green line is develop, clear blue is master and deep blue, pink and yellow are feature branches). The second one is from SourceTree and every line is a merge from develop (blue) to master (pink). I don't want to see up top the merge commits from months ago from develop to master. Bitbucket displays it the way that i expect it.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

To start, try changing the sort from Date Order to Ancestor Order. I prefer Date Order, but Bitbucket (your stated preference) seems to be ancestor order.

I can't tell how Bitbucket is handling the merges to master, because the Ancestor order results in those commits being pushed out of the viewable area.

OMG! The sort by 'Date Order' did the trick. Thank you so much! 💯

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

274 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot