cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot login to bitbucket in order to use sourctree

Holger Seitz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 5, 2019

After installation of sourcetree (on windows7) it asks me to login to my bitbucket account.

login.jpg

But all I get is this message in the browsers window:

invalid_redirect_uri.jpg

I can't use sourcetree, because of failed Registration. Please help!

kind regards

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2019

Hi Holger,

Sorry to hear about this problem with logging into a Bitbucket account from Sourcetree. However this is not just you that is having this problem. There is currently an outage in regards to Bitbucket Cloud via OAuth are not working correctly. This is the cause of the inability to login here and in turn showing that 'Invalid redirect_uri' error message.

Atlassian has just updated our StatusPage about this incident that you can use to track this problem in https://bitbucket.status.atlassian.com/incidents/l50d1j43zdj9

I would recommend subscribing or watching that incident for update. Once this incident is resolved I would expect that you should then be able to use Sourcetree without this error.

In the meantime, you could work-around this issue by trying to use the SSH login method for Sourcetree, Seadna Smallwood created a step-by-step guide on how do this in https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-questions/Re-Cannot-setup-SourceTree-stuck-at-OAuth-authorization/qaq-p/1100478/comment-id/29692#M29692 has more details about this method.

Sorry again for the inconvenience here.

Cheers,

Andy

Holger Seitz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 6, 2019

Hi Andrew,

thank you! It works!

Stephan Knull
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 4, 2019

Hi,

I face a similar issue here on a brand new mac pro running Mojave (which cannot be upgraded due to company policy).

I am stuck at step. of installation (using sourcetree 3.2.1) without the mentioned error box.

I have created a bitbucket account and confirmed my registered email address. But it seems the registering process never returns to sourcetrees installation wizard.

Switching the internal WLAN to the guest WLAN did not help.

Hope this gets fixed soon.

Regards,

Stephan

Stephan Knull
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 4, 2019

Answer to myself for the case that someone stumbles upon the same issue:

After clicking on the link at the bottom of the wizard and creating a bitbucket account and confirming the email address one has to click on the big "Bitbucked Cloud" button which will take you to web page where you have to click on the "grant access" button.

After that the further installation process is unlocked.

Ohh - this is not intuitive at all folks!

Kind regards,

Stephan

Like Denis likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events