Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot install SourceTree

castheimer February 21, 2018

Hello,

I am still having trouble installing SourceTree, and my last question has gone dark so I'm reposting: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-questions/Cannot-install-SourceTree/qaq-p/715641#M19574

I've tried an older version which helped me get a little further but still it isn't working and I can't tell from the setup log what the issue is. I have followed all the steps suggested in my previous question, I've reached out to my internal team for help, and so far no luck. Is there a way I can reach out to someone directly for help?

2018-02-21 14:12:46> Program: Starting Squirrel Updater: --install .
2018-02-21 14:12:46> Program: Starting install, writing to C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\SquirrelTemp
2018-02-21 14:12:46> Program: About to install to: C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\SourceTree
2018-02-21 14:12:46> CheckForUpdateImpl: Couldn't write out staging user ID, this user probably shouldn't get beta anything: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\SourceTree\packages\.betaId'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.File.InternalWriteAllText(String path, String contents, Encoding encoding, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.File.WriteAllText(String path, String contents, Encoding encoding)
at Squirrel.UpdateManager.CheckForUpdateImpl.getOrCreateStagedUserId()
2018-02-21 14:12:46> CheckForUpdateImpl: Failed to load local releases, starting from scratch: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\SourceTree\packages\RELEASES'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at Squirrel.Utility.LoadLocalReleases(String localReleaseFile)
at Squirrel.UpdateManager.CheckForUpdateImpl.<CheckForUpdate>d__2.MoveNext()
2018-02-21 14:12:46> CheckForUpdateImpl: Reading RELEASES file from C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\SquirrelTemp
2018-02-21 14:12:46> CheckForUpdateImpl: First run or local directory is corrupt, starting from scratch
2018-02-21 14:12:46> ApplyReleasesImpl: Writing files to app directory: C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\SourceTree\app-2.3.5
2018-02-21 14:12:46> LogHost: Rigging execution stub for SourceTree_ExecutionStub.exe to C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\SourceTree\SourceTree.exe
2018-02-21 14:12:47> ApplyReleasesImpl: Squirrel Enabled Apps: [C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\SourceTree\app-2.3.5\SourceTree.exe]
2018-02-21 14:12:49> ApplyReleasesImpl: Starting fixPinnedExecutables
2018-02-21 14:12:49> ApplyReleasesImpl: Examining Pin: File Explorer.lnk
2018-02-21 14:12:49> ApplyReleasesImpl: Examining Pin: Google Chrome.lnk
2018-02-21 14:12:49> ApplyReleasesImpl: Examining Pin: Outlook 2016.lnk
2018-02-21 14:12:49> ApplyReleasesImpl: Fixing up tray icons
2018-02-21 14:12:49> ApplyReleasesImpl: Couldn't rewrite shim RegKey, most likely no apps are shimmed: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Squirrel.UpdateManager.ApplyReleasesImpl.<unshimOurselves>b__13_0(RegistryView view)
2018-02-21 14:12:49> ApplyReleasesImpl: Couldn't rewrite shim RegKey, most likely no apps are shimmed: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Squirrel.UpdateManager.ApplyReleasesImpl.<unshimOurselves>b__13_0(RegistryView view)
2018-02-21 14:12:49> ApplyReleasesImpl: cleanDeadVersions: for version 2.3.5
2018-02-21 14:12:49> ApplyReleasesImpl: cleanDeadVersions: exclude folder app-2.3.5

2 answers

0 votes
Wilson Salinas May 28, 2019

Estimado @minnsey  tengo el mismo inconveniente pero si se estan creando las carpetas de instalacion en LOCALAPPDATA

minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 28, 2019

Yes the standard installer works by installer per user into %localappdata%

An msi installer that allows installing to program files etc is available but it requires you to manually install Git and/or mercurial as well.

Wilson Salinas May 28, 2019

How can I get the MSI installer ?, I found the professional version, should this version be paid, to use it?

minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 31, 2019

It is here:

https://www.sourcetreeapp.com/enterprise

And it is still free.

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
February 22, 2018

Hi 

After running the installer can you confirm what, if anything you have in the following directories

%localappdata%/Atlassian/Sourcetree

and 

%localappdata%/Sourcetree

The second folder is the installation folder, if should contain an app-2.4.8 folder which contains the .exe and dlls.

castheimer February 23, 2018

I had nothing - those folders weren't creating. After a few hours of playing around, our Helpdesk figured it out. It was the security settings in IE, but it was different than was described in any other post on here. We needed to add "auth.atlassian.com" to our trusted sites (in addition to id.atlassian.com that was mentioned elsewhere).

Thank you for the reply!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events