Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you delete this email from your block list?

Joshua Foster May 3, 2018

I was tasked with setting up an account for a user I tried about 4-5 times but never got an email, after browsing the community boards I came across this post 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Users-didn-t-receive-account-activation-email/qaq-p/332604

This was the solution given:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just want to give you an update / save you from the pain I went through...

There is a KNOWN issue with Atlasssian activation emails. If the FIRST email that Atlassian tries to send gets bounced back it will add that email address to an internal block list, thus making it so they NEVER get the activation email. 

Remediation...
Contact Atlasssian / open a bug report, tell them to delete the email from the block list and the user will be able to activate.

Common Causes...
Using automatic provisioning systems, like Okta, where Outlook lags behind in setting up the email.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you help me with this?

2 answers

0 votes
Cheri Hansen April 27, 2021

I contacted Atlassian Support with several email addressess.  they found these email addresses to be blocked.  they unblocked them and the jira users started receiving emails immediately.  Thank you Roberto!

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 3, 2018

Please open a support request at https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/ including your Cloud URL and the support team will be happy to help. If there are any issues opening the ticket, please let us know on this thread.

That was the page that I wrote this up on. I selected Technical issues and bugs -> SourceTree->Ask a question. What was I supposed to select?

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 3, 2018

Hi Joshua,

Forgive my confusion. I had the idea that you were inviting a user to a Cloud instance, in which case our blocked list would apply. However, if you are hosting Sourcetree, you will need to check your organization's email system. I would start with the mail queue to see if it is stuck there, and also double-check the spelling of the email address and the user's spam filter.

Thanks,

Ann

Thanks for your reply. I will check that shortly, or I suppose tomorrow when the support for that reopens. In the meantime it may be pertinent to mention that I used one of my alternate gmail accounts to setup the user temporarily. That one sent immediately and I was able to setup the account properly. But when I tried to change the email to his company address there was still no confirmation email. I checked all of the folders and filters that were set up, but none of them contained the email. Is this a common issue?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events