Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open or clone new repository

Eric McDonald June 11, 2014

Hi there,

I'm brand spankin new to Source Tree and having some difficulty getting it up and running. I've installed the latest version of Source Tree and I'm currently running OSX 10.7.4.

When I installed Source Tree a window popped up at the very end telling me to change my $path variable to usr/bin/something (my apologies but I was with a friend that had installed it before and he said don't worry about it, then closed the window so I don't remember what the rest of the path was).

Now when I open Source Tree and try to open a repo nothing happens. No errors, no hanging or computer locking up, just nothing. It's as if I didn't have the software on my computer at all.

I know it's a vague question but could someone help me out please? I've looked all over online and can't find a solution.

Thank you in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
HenriqueA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2014

Hi Eric,

It seems a recently issue on the newer version of SourceTree for MAC OS X reported by some users.

The solution to this issue at this moment is to use the version 1.9.3 until the bug get fixed.

To help you I'm sharing here the link to SourceTree 1.9.3 from the official Atlassian website:

http://downloads.atlassian.com/software/sourcetree/SourceTree_1.9.3.dmg

It's possible also check the bug report through the following link:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-2470

I suggest you to vote on this bug and add yourself as watcher then you can be notified when it gets updated. :)

Kind Regards,

Henrique Lechner

Eric McDonald June 28, 2014

Thank you Henrique and sorry for my delayed response. I managed to get things up and running on my Windows machine and forgot to get back to you.

Cheers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events