Can't login to SourceTree program, but can login to website

Elliander Eldridge August 9, 2018

I installed SourceTree 2.4.8.0, which appears to be the latest version that I am capable of installing since you moved to a version of .NET that cannot be installed on my computer, but I am having quite a bit of trouble finishing. 

I first logged in with a google account, but that login doesn't work in your program. It says that my cookies are disabled, but they aren't. I did purge both IE and Edge from my computer though. (well, remnants exist, because they can't officially be uninstalled, but they have been effectively disabled)

Since that didn't work, I tried to login using your account system, but it wouldn't work so I tried creating a new account with my email, which said "It looks like you've tried to create an Atlassian account for XXXXXXXXXXXX @ xxxx .com. However, an account for that email address already exists."

So I went and clicked to reset the password, and selecting one and it let me through in the browser at least. However, in the program it says:

"Oops, you've made a malformed request.

Often, clearing your browsers cache and restarting your browser will solve this problem.
If that doesn't work, please contact support"

yeah, that didn't work. I'm in a vicious circle here. I have the ability to login in both installed browsers - Chrome, and Firefox. The browsers have Cache enabled, and both have passwords store, and I can login there just fine. 

I was able to generate a license, but I can't seem to be able to put the license anywhere. It says I only have to login once.

This page:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/oops-you-ve-made-a-malformed-request-when-resetting-atlassian-account-password-900816987.html

nor the program itself, makes clear which browser's cache it's looking at. Does anyone know? and is there any way I can just edit a file and put my license in manually?

1 answer

0 votes
Elliander Eldridge August 9, 2018

Well, I found my own solution. Apparently SourceTree depends on Internet Explorer, of all things, to be able to register. I had to go in and restore it to my computer long enough to register. (seriously, why would any company force anyone to use that archaic garbage?)

I do have one other problem though: SourceTree says that it will automatically update. How do I disable this? Because, like I said before, the latest version requires a version of .NET that cannot be installed on my computer. I am concerned that if it started to update it would just break itself forcing me to re-install repeatedly. If that's not possible, what happens if it tries to install a version that cannot be installed?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events