Can't install SourceTree for Windows

JoyfulSoftware-new September 4, 2017

Up to yeterday everything was fine. Yesterday SourceTree became unable to locate git on my Windows 10. I tried to update it - without success. I uninstalled it, and now can't install it back with the following error: http://prntscr.com/gh82f7. I do remember my password, I can log in to atlassian.com.

Any ideas how to install SoureTree back?

PS: I tried to install 2.1.11, 2.1.10 and 2.0.20.

1 answer

1 vote
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 5, 2017

Hi Joyful, please follow the steps for a clean uninstall below: 

1. Wipe SourceTree preferences
  2. Uninstall SourceTree (if it shows on the App&Features list)
  3. Backup then delete the directory below before proceeding with next step
    • Navigate to C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local and delete SourceTree & SourceTree-Settings folder
    • Navigate to C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Atlassian and delete all SourceTree Files/Folder.

After that, you can download SourceTree and install it. 

Once SourceTree is installed, open Internet Explorer, go to the Advanced options tab, click on Reset your Internet Explorer Settings and check Delete personal settings This seemed to work for other users that were experiencing the same problem when loging to their Atlassian account.

Let us know if this worked for you!

Cheers,

Ana

JoyfulSoftware-new September 5, 2017

Hi Ana,

Thank you for the answer, but it doesn't help.

Here is the line from sourcetree.log:

ERROR [2017-09-05 13:08:44,946] [1] [SourceTree.App] [.ctor] - finish EnsureSquirrelExecutionStubIsCopied

Denis

Art Box September 5, 2017

Same as my problem - same repeated error in log entries.

I just ran trough the cleanout suggested and retried  - no difference.

Installer still fails to get past login showing red bar with following text: "We've encountered a problem. Please try again in a few minutes."

Seems there is an error with the Atlassian server? It did get past login once (during lots of install/login attempts) but showed 404 error when trying to download required resources:

"Download of Git Credential Manager for Windows - Fork from https://downloads.atlassian.com/software/sourcetree/windows/gcmw-v1.12.0.zip failed because: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events