Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Sourcetree be used for free by the development group in the company where I work?

luigui4501 January 22, 2019

The legal and security department of the company where I work, you have doubts about whether sourcetree can be used for free by the company's software development team, since on the page that talks about licensing terms (https: / /es.atlassian.com/legal/software-license-agreement) in the restrictions section, the following is indicated in the numeral c:

(c) use the Software for the benefit of third parties;

I would be grateful if you could resolve this concern, and tell me if the company should acquire or not a license to use Sourcetree.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2019

Hi Luigui, welcome to the Community!

Sourcetree is offered for free, you wouldn't be able to pay for it if you wanted :)

As long as you're not selling Sourcetree then you're more than welcome to use it in your company. Many companies use it to manage their repositories - we don't limit Sourcetree's usage, so feel free.

Hope that helps!

Ana

luigui4501 January 23, 2019

Thank you very much for your answer Ana, it served me a lot.

Have a nice day, and thanks also for the welcome

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2019

Glad I could help you!

Have a good day you too :) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events