It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can Sourcetree be used for free by the development group in the company where I work?

The legal and security department of the company where I work, you have doubts about whether sourcetree can be used for free by the company's software development team, since on the page that talks about licensing terms (https: / /es.atlassian.com/legal/software-license-agreement) in the restrictions section, the following is indicated in the numeral c:

(c) use the Software for the benefit of third parties;

I would be grateful if you could resolve this concern, and tell me if the company should acquire or not a license to use Sourcetree.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal Atlassian Team Jan 23, 2019

Hi Luigui, welcome to the Community!

Sourcetree is offered for free, you wouldn't be able to pay for it if you wanted :)

As long as you're not selling Sourcetree then you're more than welcome to use it in your company. Many companies use it to manage their repositories - we don't limit Sourcetree's usage, so feel free.

Hope that helps!

Ana

Thank you very much for your answer Ana, it served me a lot.

Have a nice day, and thanks also for the welcome

Ana Retamal Atlassian Team Jan 24, 2019

Glad I could help you!

Have a good day you too :) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,965 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you