Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Authentication failed

Edited

Hello,

When I try to do a commit from SourceTree I get a failed authentication message. I do not understand why because I have done this many times in the past and I never had any problem, and I do not think that I changed anything from my last commit, which was some months ago.

I attach the print screen of the error message that I get.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

sourcetree_error.png

3 answers

Hello,

My problem is still unsolved. The authentication seems to work when creating the account profile, but then I receive an authentication failure message when I try to push my code. Could I get some more interactive help from someone, via a call or something similar?

Thank you.

0 votes
Mike Corsaro Atlassian Team Apr 17, 2019

Hello! Looks like your credentials might be out-of-date. You can solve this by doing the following:

• First, make sure you're using the latest version of git and Sourcetree
  • Open Tools > Options and navigate to "Authentication"
  • Find the account associated with that repo (SolarJonathan) under "Accounts" and under "Git Saved Password"
  • Remove all accounts with that username
  • Then re-add the account by selecting "Add"
  • When re-adding the account, make sure "OAuth" is the option selected under "Credentials > Authentication"
  • Hit "Refresh OAuth Token" and login when your browser asks you to
  • Try and perform the action again

Hello Mike,

Thank you for your answer and clear instructions.

I was able to replicate all the steps that you mentioned, but in the end, I still get the same authentication error message.

Any other clues on what might happen?

Mike Corsaro Atlassian Team Apr 18, 2019

Not sure why your credentials are not working. As a fall-back you can switch to using SSH using the following directions: https://confluence.atlassian.com/sourcetreekb/generate-and-load-ssh-keys-into-sourcetree-with-putty-790629663.html

Make sure you add the public key into Bitbucket, and make sure you change the remote URL for your repository:

• Open the repo
  • Click the big "Settings" button in the toolbar
  • Double click on the "origin" URL
  • Change the URL / Path to 'git@bitbucket.org:SolarJonathan/solar_simulation.git'
  • Click "OK", then try again (you might get a prompt from PuTTy to load your SSH key)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configure your repos for hosting goodness!

Supported Platforms macOS Windows We recently introduced support for additional hosting services such as GitHub Enterprise, GitLab (Cloud, Community Edition, Enterprise Edition), and...

5,789 views 4 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you