Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication failed

SolarJonathan April 16, 2019

Hello,

When I try to do a commit from SourceTree I get a failed authentication message. I do not understand why because I have done this many times in the past and I never had any problem, and I do not think that I changed anything from my last commit, which was some months ago.

I attach the print screen of the error message that I get.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

sourcetree_error.png

3 answers

0 votes
SolarJonathan August 20, 2019

OK, it looks like my problem is finally solved now.

The solution was this one:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-questions/How-to-update-HTTP-S-credentials-in-sourcetree/qaq-p/297564

0 votes
SolarJonathan August 20, 2019

Hello,

My problem is still unsolved. The authentication seems to work when creating the account profile, but then I receive an authentication failure message when I try to push my code. Could I get some more interactive help from someone, via a call or something similar?

Thank you.

0 votes
Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2019

Hello! Looks like your credentials might be out-of-date. You can solve this by doing the following:

• First, make sure you're using the latest version of git and Sourcetree
  • Open Tools > Options and navigate to "Authentication"
  • Find the account associated with that repo (SolarJonathan) under "Accounts" and under "Git Saved Password"
  • Remove all accounts with that username
  • Then re-add the account by selecting "Add"
  • When re-adding the account, make sure "OAuth" is the option selected under "Credentials > Authentication"
  • Hit "Refresh OAuth Token" and login when your browser asks you to
  • Try and perform the action again
SolarJonathan April 18, 2019

Hello Mike,

Thank you for your answer and clear instructions.

I was able to replicate all the steps that you mentioned, but in the end, I still get the same authentication error message.

Any other clues on what might happen?

Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 18, 2019

Not sure why your credentials are not working. As a fall-back you can switch to using SSH using the following directions: https://confluence.atlassian.com/sourcetreekb/generate-and-load-ssh-keys-into-sourcetree-with-putty-790629663.html

Make sure you add the public key into Bitbucket, and make sure you change the remote URL for your repository:

• Open the repo
  • Click the big "Settings" button in the toolbar
  • Double click on the "origin" URL
  • Change the URL / Path to 'git@bitbucket.org:SolarJonathan/solar_simulation.git'
  • Click "OK", then try again (you might get a prompt from PuTTy to load your SSH key)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events