Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Authentication failed after I changed my enterprise password

I work in a company and we use "git on tfs" on premise solution for source control. I use SourceTree since I am too old to learn git.

Short: How do I set up my enterprise "Git on TFS" account on Sourcetree?

Long:

Every time I change my company password, I struggle with SourceTree to make it working again but I always sometimes succeed... until today. I cannot change my password and I was also not able to define a new account within Sourcetree.

* Hosting Service: Git on TFS - On Premise. So which one should I select? Bitbucket server? Azure DevOPS?

* Host URL should be the same URL that we use to clone repos, shouldn't it?

* Authentication was basic, that I am sure.

* Username: My enterprise gid that I use to log on to Windows, OR my email address?

Afterwards I hit "refresh password" but get a 404 error.

What should I do? There are some posts regarding personal access tokens but they are 7 years old and the solutions provided there don't work anymore.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

I couldn't find any different and nicer solution than deleting the password file (as suggested here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-questions/How-to-update-HTTP-S-credentials-in-sourcetree/qaq-p/297564), unfortunately. Sourcetree might perhaps think about asking for a new password if there is an authentication error.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configure your repos for hosting goodness!

Supported Platforms macOS Windows We recently introduced support for additional hosting services such as GitHub Enterprise, GitLab (Cloud, Community Edition, Enterprise Edition), and...

5,733 views 4 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you