Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication failed after I changed my enterprise password

Onur Arpapay May 12, 2020

I work in a company and we use "git on tfs" on premise solution for source control. I use SourceTree since I am too old to learn git.

Short: How do I set up my enterprise "Git on TFS" account on Sourcetree?

Long:

Every time I change my company password, I struggle with SourceTree to make it working again but I always sometimes succeed... until today. I cannot change my password and I was also not able to define a new account within Sourcetree.

* Hosting Service: Git on TFS - On Premise. So which one should I select? Bitbucket server? Azure DevOPS?

* Host URL should be the same URL that we use to clone repos, shouldn't it?

* Authentication was basic, that I am sure.

* Username: My enterprise gid that I use to log on to Windows, OR my email address?

Afterwards I hit "refresh password" but get a 404 error.

What should I do? There are some posts regarding personal access tokens but they are 7 years old and the solutions provided there don't work anymore.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Onur Arpapay May 12, 2020

I couldn't find any different and nicer solution than deleting the password file (as suggested here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-questions/How-to-update-HTTP-S-credentials-in-sourcetree/qaq-p/297564), unfortunately. Sourcetree might perhaps think about asking for a new password if there is an authentication error.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events