Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After upgrading SourceTree, the Push dialog no longer shows branch mappings

Robert Kerr September 3, 2019

After upgrading SourceTree by uninstalling the old version, installing the latest downloadable version, then accepting the auto-upgrade to v3.2.6, the push dialog box no longer shows remote branches for any repository. I've tried closing a repository and reopening it in SourceTree (by closing the tab, reopening the folder), which did not help. The git config still contains the correct configurations, as I can push from bash or from Visual Studio Code. How can SourceTree be made to display the branches in the push dialog box?

SourceTree v 3.2.6

sourcetree-no-remote-branches.jpg

4 answers

3 votes
Vincent Rozendaal September 9, 2019

In my case it was caused by an older version of git (prior to 2.13.0) not understanding the --format option to git branch command. Upgrading to Git 2.23.0 solved the problem.

Edward Stumpf September 10, 2019

Thank you for posting this.  Upgrading from my pre-2.13.0 version of Git solved this problem for me.

Viviane Garcia September 10, 2019

Thank you! Upgrading Git solved the problem for me.

0 votes
Vincent Rozendaal September 6, 2019

I'm also experiencing the same problem. Using the command line for pushing for now.

Robert Kerr September 10, 2019

Not for me. I'm on git version 2.22.0.windows.1

Vincent Rozendaal September 10, 2019

I can only suggest to follow Mike's instructions in https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-questions/After-upgrading-to-Sourcetree-3-2-6-the-push-dialog-doesn-t-show/qaq-p/1172305 on how to find out what the output is of the git command used in the GetBranchesForPush entry in the Process Viewer of SourceTree. Hopefully that will give you a clue what is going wrong for you.

0 votes
JeffH September 3, 2019

I'm experiencing this same issue.  For now I'm pushing from the cmd line.  The push is properly reflected in the GUI when the repo is refreshed.

0 votes
Viviane Garcia September 3, 2019

Same problem here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events