It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

After upgrading to Sourcetree 3.2.6 the push dialog doesn't show the available branches to push

This is happening on a colleague's machine. I can still push to the remote via the command line but not via the SourceTree push dialog. We tried restarting Sourcetree and also restarting the laptop (running Windows 10 x64). I'm running the same version of SourceTree (3.2.6) on my machine without any problems (same OS). Any ideas how to trouble shoot this?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike Corsaro Atlassian Team Sep 09, 2019

Hello! Your colleague might not be on the same version -- there was an issue with this in v3.2.5. You can manually download 3.2.6 here, or open Options > Updates and check for the new update which is now available to all users.

As a workaround if you're not able to upgrade: uncheck and then check the "push" checkbox in the push dialog for the empty entry you're attempting to push and it should work. Sorry about that!

Thanks for your reply Mike. When I go to the "Help -> About" in SourceTree on my colleague's laptop it tells me that version 3.2.6 is running.

And to clarify: his push dialog box has no entries at all even though he has multiple local branches (both local only and remote tracking branches), so your workaround isn't applicable. He just uses git push via the command line.

On my machine (with the same 3.2.6 version) I get my local branches listed and the remote tracking branch name (if they exist) or just a blank remote branch name for local only branches.

Mike Corsaro Atlassian Team Sep 09, 2019

I suspect something odd is happening.

Can you have your colleague do the following:

• Open "Tools > Options > Git"
  • Try checking the "Disable LibGit2 integration" checkbox and see if that changes anything

If that doesn't fix it, then try and do the following:

• Open the process viewer -> "Tools > Process Viewer"
  • Open the push dialog
  • Observe the command run when the dialog is opened:
    • Find the entry for "push" (GetBranchesForPush is the caller context) and view the process output. It should list the result

From there, you should be able to run the same command and see if the output is the same.

Like bkaza likes this

Thanks for your help Mike. It turned out that my colleague had an older version of git (2.11.0) and that one didn't know the format option to the git branch command so instead of the list of branches on the remote, we got an error message. I believe the --format option to git branch was introduced with git 2.13.0. After we upgraded his system to git version 2.23.0 it all started to work again.

Like # people like this

I have same problem and this answer solve it.

I have older version git (2.13.0) When I update new version it work

Thanks you.

We had the same problem.

The Git version that was running was 2.13.3

Upgraded to the latest Git version and issue was fixed.

Thanks.

Like Oleksandr Bodashko likes this

Hi, I had same problem, but after (re)downloading the embedded Git version and restart, the problem was solved.

Hi, I'm having the same issue with Source Tree 3.2.6: newly created local branches cannot be pushed because they do not appear in push dialog, I need to use command line and it's highly annoying.

Updating system Git to version 2.23.0 didn't fix it.

If I try to update embedded version, it downloads Git 2.21.0 and that doesn't solve the problem either.

Slightly different from the issue we had.  Someone could have 5 or 10 local branches and none of them would show up in the Push dialog. The "Branches to push" list was completely empty.    They all appear now that the system Git has been upgraded.

baselabio I'm New Here Tuesday

The same for me.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

1,217 views 0 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you