SourceTree not showing watched remote repos

MitchMcHenry July 25, 2017

I'm setting up Bitbucket for our team for the first time.  I've created some repos and assigned team members.

When I go into SourceTree everything is great.  All the team repos are listed automatically in the remote repository list under New Tab > Remote.

However, when teammates do the same, no repos are listed.  I found old posts about needing to watch/follow other users repos to get them to show in the list (which makes sense).  So I had a teammate watch one of the repos in Bitbucket, but it still won't show in his remote list in SourceTree.

However, that teammate can manually enter the info and clone successfully in SourceTree, so it's not a rights issue.  They have rights and are watching it, so I'm not sure why it won't show in the remote list.

As another test, I had the teammate create a private repo and give me admin rights to it.  I can access the repo in Bitbucket and I started watching it, but it won't show in my remote list in SourceTree.  And of course, I can manually enter the info and clone successfully.

Am I missing something?  Anyone else have this problem?

Bitbucket Cloud

SourceTree 2.1.2.5, HTTPS

Windows 10

12 comments

Pascal Barth August 2, 2017

Same problem here, reinstalled my computer from scratch yesterday, and I can't see any repo in the remote tab. I was able to see them prior to reinstall.

I was able to clone one repo by using the URL given in the web interface.

I'm using Bitbucket Server and I can't find a way to "watch" a repo like you would do on Bitbucket Cloud, is there anything like that?

My teamate's just updated his SourceTree app and is still able to see all repo listed.

Bitbucket Server (v5.2.2)

SourceTree 2.6 (123) via HTTPS on macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Like 김영민SA likes this
itminb August 25, 2017

I have the same problem with Github.

I can see watched repos on Remote repositories tab with Windows client (Windows 7, Sourcetree 2.1.10.0, git embedded git 2.13.2)

but I can't see them on Mac client. (macOS Sierra 10.12.6, Sourcetree 2.6.1(126), git embedded git 2.10.1)

Som Shahapurkar December 12, 2017

Did anyone find a fix? Thx

Pascal Barth December 13, 2017

not yet...

To workaround, you can login to your bitbucket web interface, open the project, click on "Clone" and then click on the "Clone in SourceTree".

But that's a lot of operations to mimic what was the remote tab...

Energy Renaissance October 8, 2022

This is all that works for me - painful!

Seems to be a problem if you didn't create the repo, but only have access (including if you have admin access).

Pascal Barth January 16, 2018

SourceTree 2.7 fixed it!

Like Nickson Langsdorff likes this
larndicus September 18, 2018

SourceTree 2.7.6 broke it?

Pascal Barth September 19, 2018

I don't think so, it's still working properly on my laptop with 2.7.6 (MacOS 10.13.6).

Are you on windows?

larndicus September 19, 2018

No, it was a fresh install...

Jumping onto the bitbucket website, navigating to the repo, choosing "Clone" and then "Clone in SourceTree" worked... but it is still a bit odd it didn't show up...

Pascal Barth September 19, 2018

My bitbucket server is listed in sourcetree with HTTPS protocol, basic auth. If I remember correctly, configuring it with SSH had some issue back then (as I have my own instance of bitbucket in my LAN, I don't rent it, so maybe it's different for you).

larndicus September 19, 2018

Ahh yep, we were using SSH as well

dat899719 May 6, 2019

I have the same problem. Did anyone find a fix? Thanks.
SourceTree 3.1.2 (216) on macOS Mojave (10.14.4)

Niko Niittyranta September 19, 2019

3.2.1 on macOS Catalina still has this issue.

Like Maxwell likes this
antony terrence September 20, 2019

After upgrading to 3.2.6, I am facing this problem. The repos list does not include repos from certain projects. However, those projects were listed in the earlier version. It looks like a code with a previous bug was checked in before 3.26 release. Please do something about it. Thanks. 

Estellise September 24, 2019

Version 3.2.6, Still have this bug.

Like reignydeyz likes this
reignydeyz October 14, 2019

Cannot push to the remote repos.

The box that shows the remote sites is empty...

image.png

reignydeyz October 14, 2019

Hi guys. It appears that the old Git which is probably installed on your machine is messing with SourceTree. Please update your Git then re-open SourceTree. I got mine working again. :)

Michael Perlbach May 22, 2020

Oh well, we have version 3.3.8 now - and the problem is still there.

Vincent Joshua Tigas November 24, 2021

Happened to me after reinstalling macOS Monterey.

Like Mathew Paret likes this
Luca Losa March 7, 2022

same for me after installing macOS Monterey

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events