Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processing multiple directories and files: Sourcetree and bitbucket, JIRA, and Jenkins oh my.

David Vanzandt April 4, 2022

First, please be gentle with any assumptions about my product knowledge: it's just not there. I'm a database dinosaur but also a noob at Agile tools. Secondly, I may be hard to understand: it's a Spectrum thing. TIA for showing patience.

The rest of my development team works on single, discrete features. As a DBA, my contribution to a Sprint is a set of several dozen Linux scripts, SQL scripts, and data files. Over a dozen file folders are involved, albeit in one tree. Together, deliverable code set steps through a Jenkins script to build an artifact and to deploy it. The developers get to write up a JIRA ticket, create a bitbucket branch, touch one piece of code, and push it up when ready. I don't have that simplicity.

I "think" what I should be doing is to create a local branch, populate it with the tree, and commit the whole thing back to the remote. This doesn't sit well with the SCM, but I don't have a better method.  If this makes sense, let's talk.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events