Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to verify sub-domains

Amit Kucheriya April 6, 2017

In Site Administration > Authentication > Domains section -- I have added a domain and verified it (@example.com).

We also have some users who use email addresses with sub-domain like this (@tw.example.com). Question is I can add this sub-domain in the Domains section, however I am never able to verify it. I am using DNS method for both the verifications. I do see that the TXT string is the same in both cases. 

A followup question will be if sub-domain is not necessary to add explicitly, then would "Reset passwords now"  button trigger a password reset for users which have email address from sub-domain

1 answer

0 votes
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2021

You will have to verify the subdomain as well.

So 1 TXT record for the main domain and 1 TXT record for the subdomain in your DNS settings. If the string is the same that's OK but you need both TXT records. Is that not working?

On Verify a domain to manage accounts  you will read verification of each subdomain is necessary.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events