consumer Key is empty string

I'm having issues linking my test environments for Confluence and JIRA. From the log file, the consumer key is empty. Where/How can I fix this issue?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated!

3 answers

0 vote

You can safely remove the current application link on both applications, once they are completely removed you can recreate them. The consumer key should be recreated during the new app link creation. That should do the trick!

I have removed the links several times from both applications but its still not working.

It appears JIRA is not able to get Confluence's server information. I confirm that both servers can ping each other.

As you can see here Confluence->Jira,Confluence server is fine but when JIRA tries to complete the link by returning back to Confluence the reciprocal link is not completed.

Insight on this issue is greatly appreciated.

Hi Annong,

It seems JIRA is unable to retrieve the information from Confluence, therefore it fails to identify the application and create the Application Link. This could be due to many factors, as proxy configuration, SSL, etc. As a test, I'd like to suggest you to try creating the link from JIRA to Confluence bypassing Confluence's proxy (if you have one in place) and confirm if that works. Please also perform connectivity tests, trying to reach confluence at the specified address from your JIRA server.

In addition you may use the document as a guidance to try troubleshooting this. Please check at the section Review your environment configuration, as it will serve as a guide to review all the configuration you have in place for Confluence.

Gustavo Refosco

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Alexey Matveev
Published Saturday in Jira

How to run Jira in a docker container

Everything below is tested on Ubuntu 17.10. I prefer to use Jira in a docker container because: 1. I can install Jira with a couple of commands. 2. I can start and stop Jira just by starting and s...

106 views 2 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot