closed permission vs "Done"

I see a permission for Closed in permission schemes. But, how does this relate to being Done? Is permission to press the Done button covered by the closed permission? I set the closed permission to only project lead as a test and a user without project lead permissions can still press done.

If I run the permission helper it says that user should not be able to close issues, which tells me close isn't the same thing as done.

1 answer

0 vote
Timothy Chin Community Champion May 18, 2015

The Close Permission in the Permission Scheme is only an object. This configuration is then used in the Condition or the Validator in a Workflow Transition.

"Close" can be the same thing as "done", but it depends entirely on your configuration. Most people DO set up "closed" as a "done" status (alongside others). But as Timothy says, the "Can close issues" permission is something used purely by conditions and validators in the workflow. It's not directly related to "closed" or "done".

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Jason Wong
Published yesterday in Agility Beta

Welcome to agility

Every team in the world is unique, and so   Atlassian believes   that each and every team's best way of working  needs to  be molded to their unique circumstances  – ...

324 views 6 15
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot