Workflow not getting synced

Saneth Kumar May 1, 2012

I'm Syncing 2 instances of JIRA. I'm using an Oracle DB along with Navicat for DB Synchronization and I'm synchronizing the HOME Directory using AllwaySync

Everything works fine except the workflows. The workflows arent getting synced, however, the Workflow Schemes are. I don't see my newly created workflows (in the 2nd instance) in the "Workflows" section, however, I can see them through the "Workflow Schemes" but when i click on it, it gives the 404 (page not found) error.

I checked the the database and everything seems fine. It contains all the values of the newly created workflows, but still arent being reflected in JIRA.

Any idea of what might be going wrong??

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2012

That sounds like you've got two Jira installs running against two separate (but replicated) database instances.

You do know that you can't do that? Only one of them can run at a time?

Saneth Kumar May 2, 2012

Hi Nic,

Yes, only the 1st JIRA instance is running, while the 2nd instances remains shutdown. However, when i synchronize and start the 2nd instance, I get the above error.

Thank you.

Saneth

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2012

Ah, good. The reason is that I was suspecting the caches. If the second Jira were running, the caches would be out of line, but as it's offline, it's not that.

I must admit I'm a little bit stuck - our DR is rigged up much the same as you've got, but the workflows seem to come across ok. As your setup is much as Atlassian recommends for a disaster-recovery setup, I'd be tempted to raise it with them.

Saneth Kumar May 25, 2012

Hi Nic,

I did try raising it with them, but it seems to be outside their support.

Thanks for the help!

0 votes
Yağmur Hüsem April 9, 2015

Hi @Saneth Kumar,

We recently released a plug-in that synchronized for JIRA. Maybe Sync for JIRA plug-in will solve your problem.

Click for more information about Sync for JIRA

Thank you for your interest in OBSS Atlassian Platinum Partner 

Suggest an answer