When is atlassian going to implement SSO for their public websites?

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2012

I am annoyed of having tons of logins for each atlassian website, without being able to login one and reuse the login, especially when Atlassian has a product that is supposed to provide this functionality.

As a side-question: where should I send a merge/rename account request, if possible?

Here is a list of sites, that I identified so far

2 answers

0 votes
Peter Georgiou September 25, 2012

Awesome question mate, alongside a bunch of improvements to our websites we are currently working on the ability for customers to unify their Atlassian login and identity across our key customer systems. Nic makes a great point as we have many separate customer types that have very different needs e.g. market place vendors, direct customers, some separation is appropriate and our solution will cater for those amazing Atlassian customers that work with us in many different capacities.

Keep an eye out early next year as we start to allow for a unified Atlassian id across our key websites including those mentioned above.

In relation to your side question, the best way to merge/rename your existing accounts is to email our customer service team on sales@atlassian.com or reach out via our contact us form http://www.atlassian.com/company/contact

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2012

I'm not sure they can, in full.

I've got several accounts on some of those places because I work for different clients. I need to maintain several identities and actually really do NOT want SSO enabled across the board. I post in answers as me, the coffee-addled computer nerd. I need to post in support under my client accounts. I need access to marketplace as a vendor (if I ever get round to publishing any of my plugins) and then as a range of clients, unrelated to the vendor.

I can see that SSO will work well for one person, doing one job, for one organisation. For many people here, that's not the case. Some integration would be nice, but it's not going to work, unless the users can choose to turn it off for themselves.

Suggest an answer