Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use separate version tag prefixes for releases and hotfixes

T.J. Crowder July 4, 2014

SourceTree's built-in gitflow features are terrific. One change I'd like to see is to optionally use a different version tag prefix for hotfixes than for releases. Currently, if you specify a version tag prefix when initializing gitflow, it's used both for the tag when you merge a release branch into master and for when you merge a hotfix into master. I'd rather use separate prefixes for that.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2014

Unfortunately, SourceTree simply wraps nvie's gitflow plugin, which does not allow this type of configuration and has had no active development in nearly two years, so I would not expect any change here.

There is a feature request to switch SourceTree to a popular, active fork of nvie's gitflow (https://github.com/petervanderdoes/gitflow). I don't know if this fork allows for the separate prefixes you're requesting, but if you requested there, it would stand a chance of being added.

T.J. Crowder July 6, 2014

Thanks Seth! Very helpful.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events