Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to find other users to assign issues too

Robin January 9, 2013

Hi Just getting started with Jira and I've created a number of accounts. I initially created a username robinwinnett, but then realised we can just use our first names, so created robin and then thought this would be a good way to test the bulk edit process.

Two issues I came across

# I didn't seem to have permission to re-assign all these permissions - where do I set this? (i have administrator permissions which I assumed would give me this)

# I didn't seem to be able to find any of the other users I created - even on a specific issue. So I could re-assign the items individually. (The original user I set up was there, but not the others) Why would this be? (three other users in total, judy and alan - plus my new user account: robin )

I appreciate this is basic stuff, but I could not find the answer in the documentation or in Atlassian Answers

- it's likely to be a lack of basic understanding of the product- so any suggestions on how to get that, gratefully received!

Thanks in advance.

Robin

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2013

1. Regarding bulk editing - You will need to add jira-administrators group to bulk edit action under the global configuration. That should provide you the ability to bulk edit issues.

2. Go to user browser and check if you have all the users in there. If they are created then should be able to re-assign issues.

Regarding not being able to assign issues to people.

Check which permission scheme applies to your project and then go into that permission, and see which project role is associated with Assignable User permission.

Once you have identified that project role, you need to provide that project role to that individual within the project.

Have a look at this link for details

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Roles

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Permissions

Rahul

Robin January 14, 2013

Thank you for your prompt reply, I'm sure that will solve my problem!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events