Tags in emails - Atlassian Answers

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2012

Can the tags that are associated with the question also be added to the email notifications?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2012

Ah yes, I'm here! Actually this is already an implemented feature! Have another look in the email template. You'll see in the bottom. It looks like there's a bug in it (one of the tags is blank). Perhaps it should be more noticeable - not in the footer?

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2012

Where in the email Jeremy, I couldn't locate.

Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2012

It's in the footer - "this message was sent to you because ...". At this point, it's probably because you are subscribed to the issue. Initially, it's because you're watching a tag.

It must be really hard to spot if you still didn't see it after looking! Ok, I made a feature request to make it more prominent. For now, you can at least make a mail filter on that text...

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 8, 2012

Yeah, that I saw. My point was, can this text contain which are the actual tags related to the question. For example if a question has 'jira-development' & 'jira' as tags, in the email can this be able to added?

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 8, 2012

Actually it is not for email filters. While reading an email notification from Answers many times I have wondered whether this is for OnDemand or Downloaded usage of the product. This information is available only in the tags. Users generally do not say anything about this since the tags clearly mentions this.

Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
March 8, 2012

Out of use-case curiousity, why do you want to see that? Do you make email filters in different categories?

Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
March 8, 2012

Ah, ok, makes sense now, thanks. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ANSWERS-506.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2012

Shouldn't that be a feature request? ;)

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2012

Yeah, was expecting Jeremy to see this and make it into a feature request :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events