Stop search results from bringing up attached images.

Derek Gieselman October 28, 2012

Hello,

Hoping someone will be able to help with this.

When using the search macro, results show image names that have been attached to our pages. We would like the ability to use the search but have the results only show spaces, so the users are not bogged down with image files that are not useful.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Derek

1 answer

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 6, 2012

Hi,

I have played around with the search box macro in Confluence to see if I could come up with something that would be fitting for your situation. I'm afraid there isn't a solution to your situation, unless you do not mind the concessions to be done to the search as I will describe in the next paragraph.

When you have inserted the search box macro, you can hover over the the icon that gets created, and choose edit.
If you then scroll down until the point you reach "Object type", you can define here to which objects your search should be limited. In your situation you could choose for the object "pages" to limit your search. This however excludes blog posts and comments. Attachments are treated as an object, but I have not been able to find any method to EXCLUDE an object from a search box, nor to include multiple objects.

I have created an improvement request for adding excluding objects or including multiple objects to a search box. You can find it here

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events