Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stash for android platform development?

Ori Shiloh August 27, 2012

Hello.

I'm evaluating stash for android ROM development.

Android AOSP use 'repo' for multiple git repository management which means many git repositories for the sampe project that are mirrored of some other remote repositories, which makes the project management a bit complicated.

I'm wondering how good can stash handale this kind of environment where a project consists of many git repositories and changes can be pulled from remote repositories by AOSP developers, and pushed from local developers which are stash registered userss.

Should I expect any difficulties in that kind of setup ?

3 answers

1 vote
Jens Schumacher [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2012

Could you elaborate on the second part of your use-case? It sounds like you want to fork the public repositories into Stash and push and pull changes between Stash and the Android public repositories, is that correct?

Ori Shiloh September 22, 2012

Yes thats right, I have to manage both push from local developers and pull from (many)public repositories.

0 votes
Sangkyu Kim May 29, 2014

How about progressing this issue?

0 votes
Ori Shiloh October 10, 2012

Is there any use case similar to mine (android rom)? trying myself would not get me further then others exprience and my stash evaluation is ending soon :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events