SourceTree should not remember my passwords

Can I tell SourceTree not to remember my passwords?

I am using SourceTree to push and pull over HTTPS on a development machine. The machine is shared with a couple of developers, often working under the same account for practical reasons. Can I tell SourceTree to forget my password after closing the SourceTree session?

I can find a few questions on this site asking for the opposite, that SourceTree would save their passwords, I think it would be handy to explicitly tell SourceTree whether or not it is allowed to save this info.

2 answers

Hi Jan,

Is this on Mac or Windows?

This was never answered it seems - but I too have same question - My situation is Windows based, shared client machine. Love the software otherwise but this appears to be a serious flaw!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Alexey Matveev
Published Saturday in Jira

How to run Jira in a docker container

Everything below is tested on Ubuntu 17.10. I prefer to use Jira in a docker container because: 1. I can install Jira with a couple of commands. 2. I can start and stop Jira just by starting and s...

106 views 2 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot