Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source Tree Performance

Daniel Kraffner April 20, 2015

Hello,

My Team has been using Sourcetree for about 3 years now. (i'd say)

But since several months, the performance is getting worse and worse - for all team members.

I have no doubt, that this might be related to the project(s) layout - the question is, if there is anything we can do, to restore an "acceptable" performance.

The current situation looks like the following:

• Projects tracked on github: 11
  • Tags tracked per project: about 120
  • Branches per Project: master / dev and about 50-100 feature, hotfix and release branches per project..

Currently SourceTree has become "unusable". A Regular Release Workflow (always including 3 Projects)  takes around 45 minutes - just to create 3 release branches, and finishing them. (Merge-Time excluded, that's just the time "SourceTree" is loading...)

For example:

• Clicking on the "Git Flow" Button , waiting for the "Next Flow Action" - 30 seconds minimum.
  • Clicking on "Start new Release" - 4 Minutes until the Release branch is ready, or an error message about uncommited changes appears.
  • Waiting for the select-Field to "Load" available Releases / Hotfixes to finish: 1 Minute, best case.
  • Finishing an Release - about 4 Minutes as well.
  • Waiting in between until the "Log" Window has refreshed (after EVERY action): roughly 30 seconds.
  • Just Switching a "Project-Tab": 10 seconds.
  • Opening a Project, whichs history has not yet been loaded: 2-3 Minutes.
  • Trying to select "5 out of 15 files to commit": Forget about. After each "checkbox", you have to wait at least 30 seconds until the UI becomes responsible again...

I  even deleted all repositories, reinstalled SourceTree and checked out everything fresh and clean.

---

I don't want to bitch arround, i'd like to have this "solved" smile Is there anything I could do, to help you identify the problems? (Some Verbose-Logs, etc.?)

---

Performin equal operations (commit, push, merge) from the commandline finishes in a few second. So I think github / connectivity or system performance can be excluded.

ps.: Version 1.6.14.0

best,
daniel.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Kraffner April 20, 2015

Okay.... Just found this article: http://www.systemroot.ca/2014/08/fix-sourcetree-slow-on-windows/

Even if i'm not using any of the mentioned Software - I killed "Kaspersky" - and there you go. Fastest SourceTree ever...

Will talk to our Sys-Admin smile

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events