Source Tree Performance

Hello,

My Team has been using Sourcetree for about 3 years now. (i'd say)

But since several months, the performance is getting worse and worse - for all team members.

I have no doubt, that this might be related to the project(s) layout - the question is, if there is anything we can do, to restore an "acceptable" performance.

The current situation looks like the following:

• Projects tracked on github: 11
  • Tags tracked per project: about 120
  • Branches per Project: master / dev and about 50-100 feature, hotfix and release branches per project..

Currently SourceTree has become "unusable". A Regular Release Workflow (always including 3 Projects)  takes around 45 minutes - just to create 3 release branches, and finishing them. (Merge-Time excluded, that's just the time "SourceTree" is loading...)

For example:

• Clicking on the "Git Flow" Button , waiting for the "Next Flow Action" - 30 seconds minimum.
  • Clicking on "Start new Release" - 4 Minutes until the Release branch is ready, or an error message about uncommited changes appears.
  • Waiting for the select-Field to "Load" available Releases / Hotfixes to finish: 1 Minute, best case.
  • Finishing an Release - about 4 Minutes as well.
  • Waiting in between until the "Log" Window has refreshed (after EVERY action): roughly 30 seconds.
  • Just Switching a "Project-Tab": 10 seconds.
  • Opening a Project, whichs history has not yet been loaded: 2-3 Minutes.
  • Trying to select "5 out of 15 files to commit": Forget about. After each "checkbox", you have to wait at least 30 seconds until the UI becomes responsible again...

I  even deleted all repositories, reinstalled SourceTree and checked out everything fresh and clean.

---

I don't want to bitch arround, i'd like to have this "solved" smile Is there anything I could do, to help you identify the problems? (Some Verbose-Logs, etc.?)

---

Performin equal operations (commit, push, merge) from the commandline finishes in a few second. So I think github / connectivity or system performance can be excluded.

ps.: Version 1.6.14.0

best,
daniel.

1 answer

Okay.... Just found this article: http://www.systemroot.ca/2014/08/fix-sourcetree-slow-on-windows/

Even if i'm not using any of the mentioned Software - I killed "Kaspersky" - and there you go. Fastest SourceTree ever...

Will talk to our Sys-Admin smile

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Marketplace Apps

Tips on how to choose the best estimation method for your planning

Planning and grooming sessions all come with their own sets of rules. Team members meet to estimate stories or other work items, all according to an agreed-upon process. And with every session comes ...

57 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you