Restrict a specific group of pages to a specific group of users

Katherine Harry June 18, 2014

I'm trying to restrict a group of pages to a group of users. I know if i restrict a parent page that restricts all the child pages. My issue is some child pages I need that group of users to be able to view, but others they should not be able to view. I haven't found a way to do this..

1 answer

2 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2014

Hi Katherine,

I believe this can be achieved only by restricting the entire space and then going to the specific pages you'd like and granting view permission to the specific groups you'd like.

For example:

Restrict the space A to only the space administrator to see.

Go to some page inside the space and go to page restrictions, then grant view permission to the page to the group.

Then login with someone of that group and you'll be able to see the space and the page you have permissions and the subpages as well.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Katherine Harry June 18, 2014

Right, that is what I am doing, but in this way I have to go through page by page and set restrictions. I was curious if I could group together specific pages somehow...that aren't parent/children pages of each other and restrict them to a group.

Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2014

Hi Katherine,

Thanks for clarifying. I couldn't find this functionality in confluence. as far as I know, it's only possible to give restrictions page by page if they aren't parent/children of each other.

I believe if there were a way to group the pages in a temporary list and grant them the restrictions you'd like, this would work for you right?

If this is the case, then we can open a feature request for you to ask the developers to implement this functionality in the future.

Could you describe with your own words the functionality you expect to have in confluence? I can open a feature for you :)

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events