Pull request and rebase workflow in Stash 2.0

I'm starting with git and I'd like to use rebase workflow. Is it possible to use this workflow with pull request?

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi Semyazz,

I use rebasing with pull requests and it works. The only downside is that when the PR is updated the activity stream (and email) will show multiple commits being added and removed, which you would expect in a rebase. My teams mates do find this somewhat annoying when they can't see my _actual_ changes. Other than that everything works as expected.

Cheers,

Charles

But are you doing in manually in git right? I was thinking about that "Merge" in gui. I would like to see there a "Rebase" button also and if whole process goes well, everything could be merged by Stash, not by myself.

I know I can pull branch and rebase it on my local machine, but I'd like to do it in the Stash.

Ahh, apologies I misunderstood.

No, I'm afraid Stash doesn't support rebase in-app at the moment. You may want to vote/watch this following:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH-2874

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published 9 hours ago in Hipchat

Moving from Hipchat to Stride? Here’s what you’ll love

Heya, Hipchat friends! We’re so happy you’re checking out   Stride. Whether you know it or not, you have been instrumental in making Stride come to life. Every feature, design, and functionality...

37 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you