Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pull request and rebase workflow in Stash 2.0

Semyazz January 7, 2013

I'm starting with git and I'd like to use rebase workflow. Is it possible to use this workflow with pull request?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2013

Hi Semyazz,

I use rebasing with pull requests and it works. The only downside is that when the PR is updated the activity stream (and email) will show multiple commits being added and removed, which you would expect in a rebase. My teams mates do find this somewhat annoying when they can't see my _actual_ changes. Other than that everything works as expected.

Cheers,

Charles

Semyazz January 8, 2013

But are you doing in manually in git right? I was thinking about that "Merge" in gui. I would like to see there a "Rebase" button also and if whole process goes well, everything could be merged by Stash, not by myself.

I know I can pull branch and rebase it on my local machine, but I'd like to do it in the Stash.

cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2013

Ahh, apologies I misunderstood.

No, I'm afraid Stash doesn't support rebase in-app at the moment. You may want to vote/watch this following:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH-2874

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events