No one in my team has the option "user management"

Hanna Westerlund November 16, 2016

I need to add more users, but I don't have user management even though I am the JIRA administrator. Nor does anyone else in my team have the option. What do we do...?

1 answer

0 votes
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2016

Hi Hanna,

Are you using JIRA Cloud? If so, I think you'll need to find someone in your organisation who is in the 'site-admins' group.

A possible way to find out who this is, might be to use an advanced issue search with the following query:

creator in membersOf("site-admins")

This will show you all issues created by people in the 'site-admins' group. Hopefully it will return some issues. Then you can look at the reporter of one of those issues to identify someone in the group. This person should have the user management option.

Someone may know a better way, but this was the best I could quickly think of!

Hope it helps.

Sam

Hanna Westerlund November 16, 2016

Hi Sam,

Thanks your for your reply. I guess we don't have JIRA Could, because I received this error code: 

Function 'membersOf' can not generate a list of usernames for group 'site-admins'; the group does not exist.

//Hanna

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2016

Do you access your JIRA at a web address that includes .atlassian.net? If you do, you're using JIRA Cloud.

Suggest an answer