New user not receiving invitation email

There's new user joined company and I invited him as what I did before. However, this time the new user hasn't received anything. I tried to resend in user management tab for several times, and he carefully checked all the mail boxes, there's no invitation mail.

It worked well days ago. And I don't think it's due to company mail server as we're using same company mail server and others can receive invitation mail before.

Any possible way to figure out what goes wrong?

5 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
2 votes
Yuan Li I'm New Here Aug 07, 2018

We have the same problem. How could this problem lasted for years not corrected? 

Yuan,

The issue usually is that the user was signed up just as or right before their email was created, so the email host sends back a "550 user not found" error to us.

This then puts the email on a block list since the server essentially told us that the user doesn't exist. All it takes is for someone from Atlassian to remove that block, and then you can send a password reset email again.

We have a bug below to correct the issue. I would recommend commenting on the bug with your experience, and voting in order to show the number of users who have been affected by the issue.

Regards,

Shannon

Nick Maesepp Atlassian Team Wednesday

This bug has now been resolved. If a user has been blocked because of incorrect setup for example. you can now use the resend button in the users page to unblock the email and resend.

If its still not right i.e mailbox full, mail server down etc it will be re blocked again. Obviously fix the setup first, but now you can use the resend to quickly test you have fixed the local problems. 

After raising a ticket to Atlassian support, an Atlassian support engineer checked on their side and found the email was blocked at their side.

Then they just unblocked it and everything went well.

cool, we get the problem too.

Hi Richard, how did you raise this ticket to the Atlassian support team?

Hi Jennifer,

I just saw your reply here while responding to Yuan.

You can raise your request from our contact form, and a member of the Cloud team will be able to remove the block for you.

Regards,

Shannon

0 votes
Warren Levy Community Champion Aug 02, 2017

Hi Richard

Obvious question, but worth checking : are you sure you have the person's e-mail correct? I always copy the e-mail address from Outlook to ensure no typos

Surely I was doing same thing as you did... copy the email address from outlook.

But it's several day passed, and I tried to resend many times... he just received nothing.

We are having the same issues; have been trying to get a team member signed up for 3 days and email never arrives.

I also have problems with invited user who don't receive an inventation message.

When I click Add customers in a Servicedesk the user doesn't receive an EMail.

Alfred,

If this is for Cloud then you'll need to raise a support ticket so we can have a look at the email logs and see if something is being blocked.

Regards,

Shannon

Hi Shannon,

I had this problem last week.

Today I deleted some of the users I added last week and added them again.

Now they receive an inventation message.

Seems to be solved.

Regards,

Alfred

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published 3 hours ago in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configure your repos for hosting goodness!

Supported Platforms macOS Windows We recently introduced support for additional hosting services such as GitHub Enterprise, GitLab (Cloud, Community Edition, Enterprise Edition), and...

44 views 0 1
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you