Merging OnDemand data from a trial into a purchased instance

Lisa Eilerman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 12, 2012

We have an Atlassian On Demand instance with Jira , Confluence & Fisheye/Crucible.

Another business unit at our company started a separate trial using a number of products.

and plugins. They've already started recording data in their trial site and were about to finalize their instance - but..

Instead of having two separate OnDemand instances, we would like to expand our existing instance and combine their trial data into our instance.

Is it possible for us to move all of the data from their trial into our instance after we purchase extra licenses and products?

Or is it possible for you to export and import into ours, without losing data in either instance?

We do not want to lose anything from either instance, so a full restore is a concern.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
PauloP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2012

Hi Lisa

I believe that we don't have a valid option to simple concentrate two or more Ondemand instances. However, the workaround would be:

- For JIRA

Using CSV import/export process or concentrating the all the instances in a standalone (self hosted) one. This last procedure would be:

1. Create a backup from both instances. You can by the following procedure:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Exporting+issues

2. Install a brand new JIRA in your environment

3. Import the main instance XML backup to the self hosted one

4. After, using the another instance backup, try to import the projects. This is the default procedure:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA052/Restoring+a+Project+from+Backup

Also, for further assistance, perhaps you should raise a new support ticket.

Cheers,

Paulo Renato

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events