cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link to PDF/DOC/PPT etc Without Embedding

Phillip Ponzer [Cprime]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2012

When linking to a PDF or MS Word/Powerpoint/Excel file, Confluence automatically thinks I want it embedded in the page. Which is great in some cases, but in most cases I need to just link to file itself, rather than embed it.

Is it possible to link to a PDF/DOC/PPT/XLS without embedding them in the page?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 11, 2012

How are you inserting the link into the editor? It's working fine for me....

http://screencast.com/t/ykxv0LJSlY6

Phillip Ponzer [Cprime]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2012

Actually, the way you did it worked on my PC...

What I was doing was typing in "!" and then the name of the file and then it would show up embedded rather than a link.

http://screencast.com/t/HbRAzWDbu

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2012

Aha :)

Yeah, '!' is for embedding. '[' is for linking.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 9, 2012

Attach the file to the page, and give link to the file?

Phillip Ponzer [Cprime]
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 9, 2012

Not quite... whenever I link to the attachment, the WYSIWYG editor thinks I want to embed it in my document rather than just link to it. I want to think it has something to do with the Office Connector but I don't see any documentation on how to disable this "feature" if that is the culprit.

Like GennadyNK likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events