Kanban and Custom Workflow Issues

Scott Ocamb August 3, 2013

I have implemented a custom workflow for issue type Bug. My plan is to have a kanban board only for bugs. I have the workflow just how i like it. A Bug is the only type that uses this workflow. Other types use the default workflow.

I mapped the workflow to kanaban columns too. I modified the board filter to only show bugs. Bugs move throught the workflow and kanban board just as i planed. Only bugs show in the board.

Howevewr, when i click the create issue button on the kanban board, all types are available in the dropdown. If i accidently select improvement for example is does not show in the board.

If i try to change an improvement to a bug, it is not in the dropdown since it is mapped to the default workflow.

I am almost there, any help or advice would be appreciated.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2013

Scott is correct. If bug is the most common issue that is recorded, you could make it the default by navigating to that project's issue types and make Bug the first one in the list.

0 votes
Scott Ocamb August 3, 2013

thanks, that is a work around we can use.

0 votes
Justin Leader August 3, 2013

Scott,

I'm sorry, but the functionality you're looking for isn't available. You can't restrict issue types in the create window to be triggered based on the screen that the user is looking at. Any issue types available to the project are always available no matter where the user is creating that issue.

To take that improvement issue and change it to a bug, go to the actions or "more" menu and select "Move." If you have admin permissions (or the right specific permissions) you'll be able to move the issue to another issue type there.

Does that make sense to you?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events