Jira users are not recognized by Confluence

Rin Xia January 15, 2013

Has anyone encountered the following issue?

user directory in Jira is syncing with Windows AD, but some of the users are not appear in confluence until they update their profile (for example add a phone number).

1 answer

2 votes
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2013

Hello,

Are you seeing the full set of users in JIRA? It sounds like something went wrong with the initial sync of the users from JIRA and users that are supposed to be older users are only picked up in an incremental synchrnonization.

I would suggest one of two things.

1) In your connector you should see an option to enable a full synchronization. I would tick this checkbox and trigger a manual synch from your JIRA User Directory.

2) Remove the current connector and recreate it with the same settings. Rebuilding a connecotr in this manner should force that ful sync operation that apparently failed the first time.

Rin Xia January 16, 2013

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your suggestion. yes. I can see the full set of users in Jira, so the syncs between Jira and AD seems to be fine. It's just a few users that were not populate in User Directory on Confluence though they do appear in Jira. The only way we find out so far to push those users into Confluence is get them to update their profile in confluence, for example add in their phone numbers.

I'll try out your suggestions and let you know if it works.

cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events