Is it possible to use the "Free for Open Source" option for a political party?

Christopher Tempel July 17, 2012

It there any chance to get a free or a lower priced version for a sub-organisation of a political party?

2 answers

1 vote
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2012

If it's PPFABWE (Programmers Party For A Better World Elsewhere), I think so.

Leaving the joke aside, see if your sub-organization qualifies:

http://www.atlassian.com/software/views/community-license-request

Edit: Unless the sub-organization is doing software, I think this is what you're asking for

Christopher Tempel July 18, 2012

Jep our sub-organization or general our political party creates no software. The suggested Community License said that it can not be used by a government organization. But our party was already elected and so it is definitely a goverment organization, isn't it?

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2012

Yes, I believe it is actually a goverment organization now. But you could try sending a request to see what happens ;)

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 17, 2012

As I see here: http://www.atlassian.com/software/views/open-source-license-request

There are a few requests:

1. The project is licensed under a licenseapproved by the Open Source Initiative.
  2. The project source code is available for download.
  3. Your open source project has a publicly accessible website.
  4. Atlassian's software is accessible to the public.

In that webpage you can request one.

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events