Is it possible to create a confluence form that submits data to an external database, if so what are some ways to do this.

David Bekkerus April 29, 2016

2 answers

1 vote
Rafael Franco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2016

Hi David,

My name is Rafael Franco and I'm the Tech Lead for the Product Team here at Adaptavist. Submitting Form data is a very typical use case in Confluence, thus we've created a plugin that allows users to create Forms dynamically and submit them into Confluence's internal database. In regards to an external database, we've considered this option, but we found it would add additional complexity to users and thus in most cases the internal database is all that users need. If really needed, we save the Submissions of each Form in a separate table, thus it would just be a matter of exporting that table and then manipulating it. Regardless, you can always visualize the submitted data inside Confluence.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.adaptavist.confluence.formMailNG/server/overview

You can request a trial version and try the plugin for 30 days. Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Rafael

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2016

You can use the Run macro (form) from Run Self-Service Reports for Confluence together with the SQL Macro from SQL for Confluence to query or update external SQL databases.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events