Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to add a checklist to a List instead of adding it to a Card?

Zach Hurley April 24, 2017

I've been trying to use Trello more because it seems to be a power house tool for GTD. My job personal life and some of my professional life doesn't require big projects that seem to fit into the List>Card>Checklist dropdowns that Trello uses. I would prefer to add a checklist directly to a List instead of having to add a Card and then add a checklist. Drilling down so many times isn't always needed.

Perhaps I'm missing something or some way to make it function or a keyword that I am not using to answer this myself. If you can help, I'd appreciate it!

1 answer

0 votes
Devon Henderson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2017

Hello, Zach!

Many folks who use Trello as a task manager do not use checklists to manage tasks; rather, we use cards as tasks and treat each card like it's a "checkbox" of sorts. Each person has their own way of handling how to mark completed tasks - for me, I put each task (represented as a card) in a Completed list, which I review during my Monthly Review and then archive in bulk.

So, it's not quite the same thing as checking off a box, but in practice it does the same thing. You can also archive each task card as you complete them, which will feel very much like ticking the checkbox when it's complete.

I hope that helped give you some ideas on how you can use Trello for GTD! I've used it as my sole GTD program for a few years now, and Trello really is great for it. It just takes some adjusting as to how tasks are laid out :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events