Is Atlassian Access a must purchase?

pinky wang September 14, 2022

Is Atlassian Access a must purchase?

We are currently planning to purchase the cloud version product of Jira Software and Service Desk. I would like to confirm that Is Atlassian Access a must purchase?

If we don't buy Atlassian Access, can we log in to the system with AD account?

If we have to buy, how many accounts should we pay?

Especially service desk, for example, our company has more than 5000 people who can view and add comments, but with 300 people licensed. So do we need to pay 5000 accounts or 300 accounts?

2 answers

1 vote
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2022

@pinky wang -

To supplement what @Ollie Guan mentioned, if you plan to use your own IDP (AD accounts) for your users, then you have to get Atlassian Access.

NOTE - Atlassian Access will have no costs if your Cloud subscriptions are at the Enterprise Level only.  All other levels (i.e. Premium), Atlassian Access is not included.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

1 vote
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2022

Hi @pinky wang ,

Atlassian Access is billed to each unique user in your domain you claim the account.

How are users calculated

Pricing structure

Verify a domain to manage accounts

@Ollie Guan thanks for your feedback quickly. that means, we need to pay 5000 users for Atlassian Access, right?

Then, if we don't buy Atlassian Access, we only can create the user in JIRA software manually but can't use AD login, right?

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 14, 2022

So, even if we don't purchase Atlassian Access, we still can log in with our AD, right?

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 14, 2022

Just try it.

Btw, atlassian access will give you more possibilities.

QQ截图20220915102748.jpg

@Ollie Guan May I add your Wechat, please? I'm still not very clear.

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 14, 2022

Sure, the information is available through the link below.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/853638

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events