Installation folder on Windows

P Thompson May 8, 2017

Hi,

I'm trying to install the latest verion of Sourcetree onto Windows. It on,y installs into the current users appdata folder. 

I need it to install so that all users can use the program, not just a single user. Are there instructions for that? 

This program is being used on systems that support multiple users who will not have admin rights. So far it seems to be scripted for just one user. 

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
jyo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 8, 2017

Thanks for the question! In the past, we've allowed this functionality, but it was a bit hackish (and not officially supported) so we moved over to the Squirrel Installer.

With the new installer, we only support per-user installs, instead of enterprise/script installs on multiple workstations at once. That being said, we're still considering doing this in the future, but we do not have a roadmap on when we will be doing this. I recommend following along to this public developer ticket for more information: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-6369

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events