You will have to modify the jira-project-config bundled plugin and remove the web-items for release operation. See this link for some help on editing bundled plugins : http://www.j-tricks.com/1/post/2012/05/modifying-atlassian-bundled-plugins.html
These are the steps that I followed:
1. Copied the zip file "atlassian-bundled-plugin" to a different folder and extracted it in that folder
2. Extracted the jar "jira-project-config-plugin-5.0".
3. Made changes to the file "atlassian-plugin.xml" by removing the following piece of code:
<web-item key="view_project_release" name="Release Version Operation"
<label key="admin.manageversions.release" />
4. Recreate the jar "jira-project-config-plugin-5.0" with the modified file "atlassian-plugin.xml".
5. Recreated the zip "atlassian-bundled-plugin" with the modified jar "jira-project-config-plugin-5.0".
6. Placed the zip file at the location WEB-INF/classes.
7. Restarted JIRA service.
What this did was it removed the "Release" option but the "Build and Release" option was still visible.
Please let me know if I had gone down the wrong lane.
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
Happy Friday, Funmakers! We had a Community Team offsite in Austin this week, and my mind feels primed for thinkin' from all the brainstorming we did! So, this week's Friday Fun thread w...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs