In JIRA 5.0.5 how do I remove the Build and Release option available in the manage versions dropdown menu

ab185178 October 14, 2012

In JIRA 5.0.5 how do I remove the Build and Release option available in the manage versions dropdown menu

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2012

You will have to modify the jira-project-config bundled plugin and remove the web-items for release operation. See this link for some help on editing bundled plugins : http://www.j-tricks.com/1/post/2012/05/modifying-atlassian-bundled-plugins.html

ab185178 October 15, 2012

Thanks for the quick reply Jobin. I was able to extract the plugin jira-project-config. But was not able to find the web-items that you have mentioned above. Please let me know the location of this file. Is it a vm file?

ab185178 October 15, 2012

Hi Jobin,

Please help me out here..

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2012

Did you try the one wirh key "view_project_release"?

ab185178 October 31, 2012

Jobin,

Thanks. I have done as you instructed but it still displays the "Build and Release" option under version. Please let me know what else can I do?

ab185178 October 31, 2012

What it does it removes the release option but the Build and Release option still displays.

Amit.

Rising Star
Rising Star
October 31, 2012

Are you sure you didn't modify it in the extracted directory, but modified it in the plugin in the zip under WEB-INF/classes?

ab185178 November 1, 2012

These are the steps that I followed:

1. Copied the zip file "atlassian-bundled-plugin" to a different folder and extracted it in that folder

2. Extracted the jar "jira-project-config-plugin-5.0".

3. Made changes to the file "atlassian-plugin.xml" by removing the following piece of code:

<web-item key="view_project_release" name="Release Version Operation"

section="atl.jira.version.admin.operations" i18n-name-

key="admin.project.com.atlassian.jira.projectconfig.versions.operations.release"

weight="10">
<label key="admin.manageversions.release" />
<styleClass>project-config-operations-release</styleClass>
<!--This is a trigger for javascript so we don't want a link but this is a required element-->
<link></link>
<conditions type="AND">
<condition class="com.atlassian.jira.plugin.webfragment.conditions.IsVersionArchived"

invert="true"/>
<condition class="com.atlassian.jira.plugin.webfragment.conditions.IsVersionReleased"

invert="true"/>
<condition

class="com.atlassian.jira.plugin.webfragment.conditions.CanAdministerProjectCondition"/>
</conditions>
</web-item>

4. Recreate the jar "jira-project-config-plugin-5.0" with the modified file "atlassian-plugin.xml".

5. Recreated the zip "atlassian-bundled-plugin" with the modified jar "jira-project-config-plugin-5.0".

6. Placed the zip file at the location WEB-INF/classes.

7. Restarted JIRA service.

What this did was it removed the "Release" option but the "Build and Release" option was still visible.

Please let me know if I had gone down the wrong lane.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer